Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Read


I just started reading this book. I've been meaning to read it for years, ever since it was strongly suggested in school, in fact. I finally requested it from the library and started to get into it while waiting for my laundry one evening (one of the only times I can make myself sit still long enough to read and not fall asleep). I only got a few pages in, but it was so interesting! A lot of the things the author talks about are from her experiences in New York City, so it really strikes a chord there.

I had it for a couple weeks and never really took the time to sit down and devote attention to it, so lo and behold, I get an email from the library saying they need it back because someone else has a a hold on it. Ugh. But I wanted to read it!! The library would start fining me if I kept it, so I begrudgingly returned it yesterday. Kurt, being the sweetheart that he is, bought me my own copy to add to my permanent collection (which currently only includes a cookbook, an art book from a flea market, New York tourist books, and many many magazines). Thanks, Kurt!!

Maybe I'll post a review later? Maybe...probably not...but it is possible. Better yet, go read it for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny cause I was talking with Dave and Kristin about this book last week. I was thinking I should give it another try since we had to read it for school and I own it, but never got more than half way through. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that book, but it took me f o r e v e r to get through it. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...