Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Project


Having brunch with some designer ladies the other day made me realize I need to step up my game in the decorating department. My apartment is seriously lacking. I decided to spice up the little wall as you enter my room. So far, I like it. I don't love it though. There is a lot going on.

The mirrors are Ikea which I have had since my glory days at University Corner in Auburn. My mom graciously sent them to me here in NYC--probably so they aren't cluttering her house in Alabama.

I got the idea to hang the magazines from this cute little cafe in my neighborhood called Smooch. Instead of spending money I don't have on art for my walls, why not hang magazines I love and already own on bulldog clips!? Brilliant.

Speaking of decorating with no money, my next project will be a faux headboard over my bed which Kurt and I "rescued" from the curb. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...