Monday, June 30, 2014

weekend in review: dog sitting edition





Kurt and I spent most of the weekend dog sitting our new four legged friend, Zazu. He is an 8 month old Lab mix and a whole lot of puppy fun. I am a big dog lover and have been pining for one of my own for ages but it just hasn't really seemed to align with my schedule. I was looking forward to this weekend as a test drive of what dog ownership might be like and it was a very interesting experiment. I'm not completely turned off from the idea, but I think I will have to realign my expectations when it comes to city dogs vs country dogs in terms of size, schedule, lifestyle, allergies, stress etc. If only Aubie were more cuddly...

The rest of the weekend was spent watching ALL of the soccer and a backyard barbecue. Check out that jungle in progress! I'm such a black thumb that I'm in awe of people who grow things--edible things. Kurt has our window boxes full of herbs and greens and has been harvesting bunches of kale from his garden plot recently. I'm very happy to be on the receiving end of all that goodness :) I stole that last image from our friend Will's instagram of us hanging out in his revamped backyard. Keep it coming, Summer!

2 comments:

  1. ALL OF THE SOCCER! ;-)

    Yea, looks like the lab would be too big for our small apartment. I'd like to test drive a dander-free pup first as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog is adorable. And omg I want to spend ALLLLL summer in that backyard! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...