Monday, February 24, 2014

new laptop!

Isn't it beautiful?!?! So my post-graduation (i.e. six years ago) Dell laptop had been on its last leg for a while. I typically only used it for some basic photoshop editing and the internet, but it wasn't even cutting it at that anymore. I've grown quite fond of my iPhone and how it operates and Kurt is a major Apple fan, so I figured it was time I give up my PC days and invest in a Mac. The only problem is they are so expensive! Luckily, I stalked the Apple website for a while and was able to get a discount on a refurbished model with some pretty stellar credentials. Thanks to a solid tax refund and some birthday/Christmas gift cards, it wasn't the most painful purchase ever. And it's so pretty and light and doesn't die the second you unplug it and actually connects to the internet and...the list goes on forever. I'm still getting used to some of the keystrokes and touch pad functions and organization but I think we are going to be very happy together.

etsy // baggu // etsy

Now I need some accessories! After dropping such a huge chunk of money on this thing, I want it to be protected if I ever decide to leave my apartment with it (right now we're in that 'newborn, nobody come near my baby' stage). I'm really digging the leather options I found (isn't the upper left one from South Africa gorgeous?!) but could also be very happy with that graphic Kate Spade version. Decisions, decisions! Which do you like best? Do you have any other sources I should be checking for cute cases/sleeves? Please send your Apple tips my way!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I love all of those accessories, but the upper left is my favorite. My computer doesn't leave my house very often anymore, but I bought a very simple burgundy case from the Apple Store when I purchased it. I'll get fancy once I buy a new computer. Have fun!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Congrats- I love timbuk2 products, but the two leather ones are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...