Wednesday, August 14, 2013

#nycdonuttour @ dominique ansel (take two)








Jenn and I got cronuts! After our disappointing first attempt, we were determined to try again but I was less than motivated to get up so early to get in line in time. Thankfully, Jenn is a morning person and held our spot in line at 6am! I sheepishly rolled in 45 minutes later (bearing coffee at least!) and we stood around until the bakery opened at 8 and the lines started moving. Even with such an early start, I was shocked at how many people were in front of us. I had a tiny fear that we wouldn't get any again but thankfully it eventually became clear that we would be some of the chosen few to receive cronuts that day. 

Even once we got inside the store, the line still took forever. It gave us lots of time to observe the bakery happenings and admire all the gorgeous pastries. Finally our time came and we collected our two cronuts each and a few other baked goods (Dominique Ansel's other options are delicious as well!). Unfortunately, August's flavor of the month is coconut which isn't my favorite, but it was still decadent and delicious. I would have preferred a more snazzy flavor but the donut itself was still light and fluffy and the creme filling was a nice surprise (although it was a little runny when I finally got around to eating it later in the day...I suggest consuming immediately). I don't think I'll be getting up that early anytime soon for another one but it was pretty tasty. Our cronut quest was definitely an experience!

6 comments:

  1. You finally got your cronut! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! I am not a huge coconut fan myself, but am excited to see what next month's flavor is! Also, did you see this? These two hit a new cronut low:

    http://jezebel.com/it-has-come-to-this-ladies-digging-in-the-garbage-for-1130996333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha so happy for you! Sorry the flavor wasn't so great :( but anything donut related can't be so bad. Also thank you for the shelf info, deciding between that and a target version. we'll seeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrauts on getting a cronut!! I've only been *dreaming* about getting one (getting up so early isn't so palatable to me) ... but maybe one day I will be motivated enough to get there early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. obtaining a cronut sounds like finding the holy grail! glad it was well worth it. i am still seeking the chicago knock-off version of it haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...