Wednesday, May 30, 2012

on the mend

The last week and a half has been pretty woe is me around here. Wah! I'm sick and can't hear anything! Wah! I have to study! Wah! Why is it always raining!? I'll spare you all the whiny details and share some pictures instead:

Jenn started at my office (henceforth to be known as "our office")! The bosses didn't waste any time putting her to work. After a couple hour key debacle, Jenn and I measured this nice townhouse on the Upper East Side.

I was convinced for a while that my cold and ear infection were never going to go away (almost back to 100% now!). Kurt was sweet and brought me Thai takeout and gorgeous sunflowers to make me feel better.

These thumbs made me feel a little better too.

We hit up Mad Sq Eats again for a work week lunch. This time I tried the Pigs Head Cuban from the Cannibal - beer and butcher (catchy, right?). 




Over the weekend, Kurt and I finally tried sandwiches from Zito's Sandwich Shoppe and sat in the back yard.

On the Memorial Day holiday, I spent a few hours with half of Brooklyn in Prospect Park (the other half was at Rockaway Beach) getting a little too much sun. It was really hilarious to see all the regrettably burned commuters on the train Tuesday morning.

I made some Pinto and Rice Burgers and pretended I was at a cookout instead of trapped in my apartment studying :(

I took my Programming, Planning, and Practice test on Tuesday (fingers crossed, please!) and Kurt took me out to Van Horn Sandwich Shop to celebrate that evening.

I was pretty crushed to find out they don't regularly have hush puppies on their menu anymore. A jalapeno margarita helped drown my sorrows a little though. Kurt ate the jalapeno chunk when I was finished and almost died. Died. They mean business.

I also tried their fish sandwich which was really yummy. I really like the description I read beforehand, "This must be what McDonald’s was thinking of when they made the Filet-O-Fish. You know, right before they decided to manufacture some fish." (via Immaculate Infatuation).

Kurt and I tried to avoid an impending rainstorm on our bikes and stopped in Lucey's Lounge on my block for a drink. (I mean, it's literally across the street from my apartment. I can see their sign as I am writing this.) We had been intimidated to go in before even though it is so convenient. It just didn't seem like a place where yuppies likes us would be welcome. It was really fun though! The bar tenders were nice and the place was cozy. I look forward to going back. Hopefully not too much though...there is such a thing as too convenient.

Not pictured: 
I treated myself to a post test manicure before begrudgingly going into the office. Clambake from Essie. Really cute orangey red.
I saw Moonrise Kingdom with Jenn and Christian on Sunday. Wes Anderson always does visually interesting stuff. The story was fun and cute too. I would recommend!

I hope you all had a great holiday and are excited as I am to kick off the summer!

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of your test taking! I like your strategy of getting them done and moving on to the next! Good Luck! I know it sucks - but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You tried a Cuban Sandwich, that's different of you! ;-)

    Let's work on a window-box planter this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...