Monday, March 26, 2012

canon's getting a break, iphone's getting a workout

I've fallen behind taking pictures lately. However, I have been so thrilled with all the blooming trees.

Brooklyn.

Manhattan. Kurt say these are awful street trees (remind me of the name again?) but for a brief period of time during our early spring, I've been enjoying them everywhere.

Whoops. I've been taking an extended study break. It's been so nice doing nothing for a while. Plus, I have to spend time at work to study for my next test and I don't want to spend any extra time there! Thankfully, Aubie is keeping my study binders safe and sound.

Jenn and I attended a Women in Architecture breakfast discussion at the CFA

What didn't get photographed:
◊ My first Union Square lunch of the year with Kurt and Christian. Dos Toros burritos in the park on a Friday is hard to beat.
◊ Happy hour drinks with Kurt at Stella's in the South Street Seaport. I'm a sucker for cobblestones.
◊ Dance party at the Bell House with Jenn, Christian, and Hillary.
◊ I bought some shoes I didn't need. DSW has a way of sucking you in like that.
◊ First cookout of the year at Kurt's apartment followed by a couple rousing games of Catch Phrase.
◊ Unlimited mimosa brunch at The Half Pint after a particularly comical/annoying ARE prep course.
◊ Yummy handcrafted Salmon Burgers made by yours truly.

Apparently I need to be more diligent about taking pictures!

In other news, I'm on the hunt for a rug for my apartment. My hardwood floors aren't too bad but something soft under my feet wouldn't be bad. Plus, it will be nice to define my living room/sleeping area. I love this one from Urban Outfitters. It's really inexpensive but I'm worried it will have too much going on. But I do love a good pattern :) Decisions, decisions!

Have a great week!

P.S. - In case you care, Ohio State is in the Final effing Four. I've met my basketball quota for the year my life, but I thought Kurt would want me to let you know :)

2 comments:

  1. I think we should watch the Big Lebowski for some rug inspiration.

    Pyrus calleryana. Terrible terrible tree.

    I hate instagram.

    FINAL FOUR!!! GO BUCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt sounds like a grumpy old man... what's wrong with those trees? I'm with you Mel - they are a nice sign of spring :) I like the new blog design (obviously, it's been a while since i've actually clicked off of my reader). Side note: I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing thumbs on a cat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...